Monday 18 December 2017

Mining altcoins on a laptop

Mining bitcoin wasn't on my list of things to do but somehow the recent hype about its price got me thinking if I can mine it too and I decided to give a try with what I had, an average HP laptop. 
I got myself into research and as expected found mining bitcoin with a laptop is a completely stupid idea.
The reasons:
  • Laptops are underpowered and bitcoin mining is highly competitive.
  • Due to current difficulty in mining in bitcoin, the only profitable way of mining is by use of special microchips called ASICs(Application-Specific-Integrated Circuits) that are designed to mine bitcoin and nothing else. They are at least 100x better at mining bitcoin than even the best GPUs.

My HP laptop didn't stand a chance and even if I became stupid enough to ignore these facts and get into mining it was only going to mess up my laptop. I wasn't ready to burn my only laptop, just how am I supposed to do my assignments then? There were many cases where people have destroyed their laptop cooling fan, hard drives, laptop screens and even monitors.
I started my research again and it came to my knowledge that bitcoin was just one of many cryptocurrencies. I had no idea about it before.
There are so many other altcoins or alternative cryptocurrencies that launched after the success of bitcoin and some of them could be easily mined on my average laptop and surprisingly altcoins like Monero, Zcash, Dashcoin fetch a good price too.

Getting started with MineGate!

There are many mining pools out there at the moment but I decided to get started with MinerGate as it was one of the oldest mining pool and also after going through the user reviews it seemed trustable enough.

minersgate mining altcoins on laptop


It was founded on 24th of March, 2014. It was the first mining pool for CryptoNote based currencies.
Minergate has a very clean aesthetic design and easy to set up which proved to be very helpful for someone like me who had no prior knowledge of mining pools. Minergate also payout in the actual crypto that you are mining. You can mine many different cryptocurrencies in it. Minergate also offers their own exchange changelly which make thing much easier for the user to exchange their cryptocurrencies. The fees for MinerGate also are fairly low. MinerGate also provides the opportunity to purchase cloud mining contracts for Bitcoin and some other coins.


mining altcoins  in minersgate


Here is something you can learn from experience with MinerGate. 
pros

1. Clean interface.
2. Mine in different currencies and diversify your assets in different wallets.
3. Customized mining options.
4. Low withdrawal fees.
5. Has the smart miner that can switch back and forth to the most profitable currency.

Cons

1. Terrible hashing rate giving rise to many speculations

2. Takes a long time for your earning to be confirmed. It has been one week already and my earnings are not confirmed yet. However there is no reported case of MinerGate leaving its user unpaid, they just take some time.



my earnings mining altcoins with laptop
















The earning you see above are the result of mining for about 4 hours. Honestly, it would take a long time for a laptop to actually make something. However, it was never in my mind to become rich mining through my laptop I wanted to try it and as I found out it works. 
Again here is something you can learn from my experience about mining altcoins with a laptop.

Pros
1. You can save money because buying a mining rig would be very costly
2. Mining with a laptop doesn't consume too much electricity.
3. You don't require any external cooling equipment, Mining rigs are reported to emit a lot of heat.

Cons
1. Earning is very low so don't get your hopes high.
2. High possibility of damaging your laptop.

This post is for informative purpose only and I don't endorse MinerGate or any other company. While some are subjective facts that I have collected through research, some are just my opinion and I do not intend to tell you what to do. I have tried my best share my own experience that would hopefully help you decide what to do if you also have an urge for mining bitcoin or altcoin on your laptop.
Read more
 Nicehash alternatives for mining bitcoin 
5 best altcoins to mine in 2018

Leave your questions or any suggestion in the comment.
Thanks for dropping by.


5 comments:

  1. I liked the article and ive been more informed, please can you explain what hashing is in regarda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, the Hash Rate is the speed at which your computer is completing an operation in the Bitcoin code or any other cryptocurrency code. The general idea is that higher the hash rate while mining more better it is as it increases your opportunity of finding the next block and earn.

      Delete
  2. Great tips! Renting hashing power online is a great way to start mining cryptocurrencies without having to make the investment in mining equipment.

    NiceHash allows you to buy hashing power for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Zcash, Litecoin and other coins and get paid in bitcoin.

    There's no contracts so if mining doesn't turn a profit for you, you can immediately stop your investment.

    NiceHash has real miners who use their own mining equipment which is connected to the NiceHash multipool so you'll never have to worry if the mining equipment actually exists.

    So if you want to start cryptocurrency mining but you've been hesitant because of shady cloud mining services, this is the solution that you've been looking for.

    Click the link below to join NiceHash and start earning bitcoin now:

    http://clickmeterlink.com/nicehash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me carlosmcbean92@gmail.com
    If you are interested in earning from 40 to over a 100% on your investment in Bitcoin daily.inbox for company information. Or visit my blog www.anthonymc2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting {skylinktechnes@yahoo.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with $50,000 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via email skylinktechnes@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1(213)328–0248

    ReplyDelete